OTC 3111 PRO OBD II, ABS & SRS scan tool review
The OTC as accompany has been known for its high quality electronic products, its specialty in the area of making diagnostic scans has not been widely acknowledged. Thanks to its high level of innovation, the OTC has lately been growing into a diagnostic scan maker of repute.
Since its introduction into the market, it has appeared to be drawing lots of customer attention. This could be partly contributed by the fact that it is among the most innovative pieces from its mother factory. Considering its features, one will conclude that this is surely worth being named as among the top rated car diagnostic scan tools around.
Why should buy OTC 3111 PRO Trilingual Scanner?
- The fact surrounding its cost. There is no scan tool which can provide such wide range of functions at the price in which this scan tool goes. It is in this light that it is considered as pocket friendly, economical and efficient.
- High functional ratio which covers both its ability to read several code parameters and the other wide ranging reading capability. The scan tool has in fact found favor to be among the top rated car diagnostic scan tools because of the benefit on how it works.
Things We Liked
- It saves time- with the auto scanning enabled in it, the scan tool will give the motorist quick results at any moment the scan ids initiated. This makes solving issues to do with emissions to be quick. It is this diagnostic scan and others of its kind which are considered as fully compliant with the OBD regulations.
- It is easy to use- despite being able to cover several coding protocols, the scan tool is known to be an easy to use, with just a plug and play function.
- Unique- the OTC (3111PRO) Trilingual Scan Tool OBD II, CAN, ABS and Airbag operates differently from the other known scan tools within its range. This feature gives that unique touch to your vehicle when used.
- Durable- the diverse features of the scan tool have not been negative contributors to the use of this scan tool. Instead it can last as long as the user wishes with good use.
- It does not support some features on some vehicles despite the hype that it does. For instance, the ABS feature is not very universal as promised by the manufacturer.
- It has trilingual feature which is a plus especially when dealing with technicians or motorists of diverse nationalities and backgrounds. Through the linguistic mix, there is an assurance that the machine can provide data in the language set by the user.
- With its anti lock brake system (ABS) and safety restraint system (SRS) retrieving capacity, the scan tool is definitely one of the tools to safeguard the interests if the user.
- Its autoid allows automatic scanning. This is fast and efficient because it relieves the technician of the need to enter certain vehicle codes for the scanning to proceed. The presence of theproportional integrated derivative (PIDs) is what allows it to help with providing the relevant graphic data for analysis. Moreover, the PIDs are spread across to over 300 within its data streaming system.
- It has the ability to code diverse pieces of data which cover over 4.3 codes in total. These codes which are known as global codes covering both manufacture specific and generic codes are the reason why this diagnostic scan is considered to cover all the OBD1, OBD2 and other diagnostic compliant motor vehicles. The inclusion of the hybrid motor vehicles has in fact added to its superior twist.
- The component locator found in the OTC (3111PRO) Trilingual Scan Tool OBD II, CAN, ABS and Airbag is what makes the scan tool be very precise when scanning data, because this helps get the right coding data.
- It a size of 12 x 4 x 3 inches, the scan tool is just small enough to be able to fit perfectly within the engine closet. Its weight is even moderately small with 1.7 pound capacity.
- It has a live data feed function which will give the user real-time data access. However, the ability to playback the scanned data is what makes it stand out to be regarded as among the top rating car diagnostic scan tools. In addition, the OBD 2 scan tool has the ability to read free data, scans status check, drives cycle and displays several other data functions.
- It is easy to update using the accompanying USB port which connects to the PC for ease of connection and update.
Merely looking at an OBD2 scan machine is not enough. Using it is where the experience is drawn. With several top rated car diagnostic scan tools in the market, you are spoilt for choice. However, based on your budget and the car model, you know what to go for.
After-sales questions and issues: Contact our Customer Service Department. (A customer representative will get back to you).
Please Sign In first if you want to later edit or manage reviews uploaded by yourself.