How to import an enabling code (FSC) with BMW ICOM ISTA-P
This the user manual to help import enabling codes (FSC) with BMW ICOM ISTA/P programming software.
– BMW ICOM A2 + ISTA-P
– ZIP archive file with:
- release code (FSC) file (.xml)
- certificate file (.der)
– Media to copy the files on
- USB stick (recommended)
- CD-ROM media and CD/DVD burner
- Floppy disc
- This import function neither writes the code to the vehicle nor activates the associated function in the vehicle.
The activation will be requested during the measures plan realization.
- When using a USB stick ensure, that it’s formatted as a removable disc (usually default format). Otherwise the stick will not be recognized by ISTA/P.
- The FSC file (.xml) & the certificate file (.der) need to be extracted on the media. Do not copy the ZIP archive file on the media.
Select Data management
Select Import activation code and click Import
Insert the media (e.g. USB stick) in ISSS and click OK
Check that the certificate is present. If the certificate column reads not fitted, the .der file is missing on the media and it’s impossible to activate.
Click Start Import
After-sales questions and issues: Contact our Customer Service Department. (A customer representative will get back to you).
Please Sign In first if you want to later edit or manage reviews uploaded by yourself.